Tune-up and Preventative Maintenance Plans
“When people notice their computer’s performance slowing, the most common reason is the hard disk. Your computer’s hard disk is a non-removable area that holds all the information available from your computer. Over time, hard disks begin to lose their ability to store data efficiently.” (Speed up you PC: Automate your computer maintenance schedule – Microsoft 2012)
Why is regular maintenance necessary?
It is easy to think computers are so advanced that they don’t have the same problems as other machines. The common misconception is that once a computer is set up properly, it should work perfectly all the time. The truth is that a computer system is a collection of complex machine and software, including moving parts that wear out with use (hard drives), that performs trillions of calculations, using hundreds of parts and wires, and is under constant assault by the processing needs of the applications, unwanted viruses/spyware and their own users.
Here are just a few major reasons every computer needs regular and proactive maintenance:
- Microsoft and Apple critical security updates need to be applied at least once a month.
- Firewall, virus and spyware protection needs regular review and management.
- Simple daily use of the internet can create random network issues with modem and router equipment.
- Management of backup status and data is critical for data recovery in the event of hard drive failure.
- Management of hard drive resources prevents storage issues and crashes.
- Regular optimization of hard drives increases speed and efficiency.
- Computers are magnets for dust, and dust clogs fans and heat-sinks. This causes overheating, which in turn leads to system lockups and hardware failure.
- Proactive maintenance provides real peace of mind that someone is regularly caring for important and expensive equipment.
- Predictable support plans allow for budgeting and minimizes financial and technical surprises.
Because of the above factors, every computer requires regular service maintenance to keep the big problems away and maintain optimal performance. Data loss is very preventable and it is inexpensive to ensure that your computer is always running at peak performance. Why try to fix things after they have broken and valuable data has been lost?
We change the oil regularly on our cars to ensure our valuable investments last, a computer should treated the same.
This plan is billed yearly and includes 2 hours of support per quarter at a reduced rate – additional hours are billed at this reduced rate. This is not only great peace of mind for the customer, but is also a fantastic deal!